Thursday, February 28, 2008

First Impressions

Hurray!! A new E-N-T-R-Y from me. I missed posting for about a week now. having trouble thinking of what to blog about. i have a very boring life FYI.

*****

I got to know a girl from school just months back. She was nice, friendly, cheerful, friendly, funny and oh did I say friendly? I actually thought we clicked the very first time we were introduced to each other. We had this thing with our voices. We baby talk. (this is a clue but dont mind guessing). And we get along pretty well. I couldnt remember the details but I knew right there and then we were gonna be good friends. It seemed like there's nothing about her I wouldnt like. That's what i thought. After a couple of months of knowing her, I heard rumors about her. oh yeah, correction, they're not rumors but facts. I wont state it here for several reasons: first i dont want to disclose her identity, second i know most of my contacts here probably know her, third i dont want any trouble, fourth I sort of forgot the stories because they were told a long time ago.. months ago.. ok. so yes, i heard negative stories about this girl (take note: even her bf talks crap about her behind her back), that's what i clearly remember. When the stories spread, some of her friends gave her a cold shoulder. When I heard the stories, I felt I was deceived by her "super-nice-girl-who-pretends-to-be-innocent" image. We were never that close but I could tell that the girl in their stories is totally different from the girl I used to know. I couldnt even believe what i heard. The stories happened recently (not long before I knew her) so it is impossible that she changed for the better that easily. I was left with two choices. It's either I embrace her being my fake friend and all, and pretend as if I dont know who she really is, or I totally ignore her and forget she even became my friend, period.

I chose the latter and for some reasons I felt like a very judgemental person who chooses friends like I know these people through and through which I dont because I dont obviously have the gift of knowing what a person is like the first time I see him/her. But all I know is once you have deceived someone or for that matter you have become a fake, you're forever gonna be like that unless you learn a lesson which I doubt the girl in my story would since nobody's brave enough to tell her straight to her face what she has done. I felt guilty letting go of a friend. Yes, of course, who wouldnt? But the thought of being deceived by someone I consider a friend would really break my heart into pieces.

The thing that I am pointing out here is that "FIRST IMPRESSIONS LAST" is a saying that is undeniably untrue. Because someone you see the first time may not be the same someone you'll see the next time you meet them. People crave for too much attention, like the girl I was talking about, that they tend to have this facade that masks the "real them". And some are too unaware that they are befriending the wrong or fake ones.

All of us have experienced this many times, too many to count if I may say yet we still havent mastered the ability of knowing how real people are when we see them the very first time (you know, like being psychic or something..) I havent thought of any logical explanation really. I mean maybe there could be a possible way to do this that man hasnt known or invented yet. Like a light bulb on top of our heads that lights up if we're keeping ourselves real. haha. uhm.. not as fashionable.. but it can do.

Just remember that seeing people everyday and knowing them for days, months, years, or even a decade would never guarantee how real they are to you and that they are what you think they are...


To all my friends: I warn you..












I may be an alien..

or a

pig..

lol.

just kidding.


No comments: